|DATE OF COURSE||From June 18th to August 20th, 2014|
|MINIMUM STAY||2 weeks / Arrival and departure every Wednesday|
French, German or English as a foreign language.
Students are placed in classes according to their level.
At Institut Monte Rosa, even the holidays involve the joy of learning: A special and very popular feature offered by our school are its summer and winter Swiss holidays, "an international lifestyle experience" where students can learn to live with girls and boys from other nations through sports, outdoor activities and language training (French, German or English).
A great variety of programs allows students to obtain self-assurance and to understand and appreciate each other. In the morning, students may choose one or two languages and are placed in the various classes according to their previous knowledge. Afternoons are set aside for active leisure, cultural events and a variety of sports activities.
Teaching boys and girls of different nationalities to live side by side in a spirit of democracy, through sports, open air activities and language courses: that is the main aim of our holiday camps.
Thanks to our varied programs, pupils gain confidence in their own resources and learn to value each other. They quickly develop a healthy approach to life.
At Monte Rosa each day is an unforgettable experience.
- French-German-English as a foreign language
- Other subjects on request
- Private classes
Students are encouraged to complete a project in the form of an illustrated composition, before the end of their stay, in order to qualify for a certificate.
Example of one day at Monte Rosa
|08:30 - 10:05||Classes|
|10:05||Break, sign up for the program in the activity room|
|10:30 - 12:05||Classes|
|13:00 - 13:30||Conversation class|
Meet in the garden for the following activities:
Sport competition: football - minigolf
|22:00||Lights out for all student|
Each day, pupils may take part in one of the three to five different activities on offer on the daily program, including excursions and cultural visits to cities and places of interest.Two - day tours: Top of Europe Tour and Swiss Tour!
football, volleyball, tennis, athletics, fitness training, minigolf, archery, waterskiing, sailing, windsurfing, basketball, badminton, mountain biking, horseback riding, jogging, big banana, rafting, concerts, artistic productions, ballets, cookery courses, visits to museums and art galleries, arts and crafts, parties, disco evenings, films, etc.
INCLUSIVE PRICE PER WEEK CHF 1'900.-
The weekly fees include:
- Classes: French, German or English as a foreign language. The chosen language lessons take place on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings. Students are interviewed and then placed in a class suited to their level
- 22 periods of teaching, including conversation classes. On request, students may study one other language of their choice
- Board, including breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner
- Accommodation in double or triple rooms according to availibility
- Text book and exercise books, including scholastic and academic help
- Residence taxes
- Excursions, social and sporting activities, use of swimming pool and tennis court, mountain biking, barbecue and a wide range of competitions with prizes, in accordance with Summer course program.
Excursions and activities are organized and supervised by our staff.
The overall charge does not include:
- Obligatory accident and health insurance, medical and dental care, private tutoring, pocket money and other personal expenses
- Airport transfers, horseback riding, waterskiing, tennis lessons, etc. on request
- Single room, according to availability
An application fee of CHF 100.- and a refundable deposit of CHF 500.- are required at the time of application. Payment of fees must be settled before commencement of courses, or before for students needing confirmation of full payment for visa purposes.